I was a little late joining the party as usual and, I must admit, I had wondered what all the fuss was about. It looked like a pretty straight forward top/dress pattern; nice but hardly revolutionary. However, as soon as I started making my funnel neck version out of a black stretch velvet I was hooked.
It was just so simple to make and the trepidation I usually feel when working with stretch fabrics disappeared almost immediately. Tilly’s instructions were fantastic and I whipped this up in an afternoon.
Since then, I have made three more versions so I thought I would share some pictures of those. First up is this lovely 1960s style number I made using one metre of a lovely coral jersey from Goldstitch in Durham. I really struggled to squeeze the top out of the fabric I had but by following Abi’s ruffle sleeve hack on the Crafty Pinup YouTube channel I managed to do it. You can watch it here.
The next version is definitely my favourite so far. This time I made the dress using Aztec print Ponte Roma fabric from Girl Charlee. I feel like I have stepped straight out of the 1960s in this one.
And finally, there is fun star print top I made for my friend, Vanessa, as a birthday gift. I made this using 1.5 metres of a lovely cotton Lycra from Girl Charlee. This is still available to buy on their website at the time of writing. It was such a nice fabric to work with and Vanessa, who loves star prints, seems to like it 🙂
Coco is now my most-used pattern and I’m sure I will make many more over the years. If I do, I will certainly share them on here.
Thanks so much for reading my blog!